18. Institute a No-Spend month. 31 days of not buying stuff. Read this for more.
I did it! I survived my No-Spend month!
- I didn’t buy any clothing or shoes for myself. We did replace Chad’s bum around the house sweatpants after he ripped an unfortunate hole in them. Because comfy pants are considered a necessity around here.
- I didn’t buy any home decor or throw pillows, or even go to Home Goods just to look.
- I didn’t buy any craft supplies or books or clearance necklaces or makeup or other super fun but unnecessary Target splurges.
- In fact, I didn’t go to Target at all. The whole month. This alone should be celebrated.
- I didn’t spend my little Starbucks budget on lazy solo trips – I used it on visits with friends. Okay, truth? I did once dig spare change out of my car to buy myself a Bad Day Starbucks. It was Secret Starbucks at the time, but I’ll come clean here.
- I DID actually manage to clean out my refrigerator, organize my freezer and purge my itty-bitty pantry of out of date food (Clam sauce from 2008? How was that still in there? And why did my husband ever buy clam sauce?)
Overall, I’m calling it a success. Hooray.