Chad’s traveling for work 3 nights/4 days this week and 2 nights/3 days next week, which means 2 things.
1. I miss him. Quite a bit, actually. While living together and combining things and Becoming One is not without its challenges, I do really enjoy living with Chad. So when he’s not there, I miss him.
2. I get a ton of stuff done. I have a constant to-do list and some of it involves things that Chad doesn’t have a strong appreciation for. Things like finding the perfect pair of black flats to replace a pair I let go of over a year ago and never replaced. Like finally watching Downton Abbey. And like catching up on blog reading.
So, my list of things to do while Chad’s traveling
the world Minnesota + Iowa:
- Purchase black flats. Budget: $30. It’s tight, I know. But I’m an awesome shopper and I do love Target.
- Finally watch Downton Abbey. Preferably while eating popcorn. Likely for dinner. And I may watch many, many episodes in a row. I’m just warning you.
- Sort through three boxes, labeled High School, College and Lithuania. I’m not against keeping a few memories around, but I don’t even know what is in those boxes any more. If I don’t remember where/why I picked up a particular rock (I’m looking at you, Lithuania box) I’m going to let it go. Let it go. Doesn’t that sound so much nicer than Get Rid Of? I would love to get it down to one or two boxes instead of three – we’ll see how I do.
- Order prints and buy frames for dining room art. Yes, we have art! So exciting. More on that later.
- Wash our wood floors. I’ve got the Murphy’s Oil Soap and the bucket; now I just need to find the motivation.
- Watch The Help. I finally read the book – just finished it last night – and loved it, and now I want to watch the movie. More on that later, too. Man, I have a lot of blogging to get done.
- Blog all those things I just wrote “more on that” about…